Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother Mother



I have done a lot of things in my life, most of which I am proud of, some not. I try to always do my best and be productive and successful. I could list these things but really none of them compare. The thing that I am most proud of, the thing that I feel I have truly put all I have into is being a mom. As challenging as it may be to be pregnant, breastfeed, go through sleepless nights, and really give up the only way of life you know to take care of a baby, it is rewarding in a way that can really not be described. Especially the first time your kid puts their fat baby arms around your neck and squeezes with all of their might and says "I wub you mommy". It makes all the bad stuff go away.
So, I say this Mother's Day don't just tell your mom you love her, show your mom that you love her. The first thing that comes to my mind, of course, is with food. Cooking for someone and sharing time together are some of the most loving things that you can do. Food brings people together and just oozes with love. If you can't really cook, try. Anything will work, go simple. It isn't necessarily about the food itself, it is about the expression involved. The food is the vehicle.
My mom has been an inspiration to me. She cooked for us almost every night even though she worked full time. She was always trying new things and teaching me along the way. When I go to see her, the first question is usually "Are you hungry”? Always wanting to nurture. The best compliment I ever got was when my mom called me one day to ask me a cooking question. She was asking ME??? She was the one I always called. I felt so proud. Thank you mom, I love you.
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers and to all the rest of you out there, go feed your moms!
--V

No comments:

Post a Comment