Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Why a blog?




  I wanted to start this blog to help spread the word about eating well and eating locally.  I have loved food my whole life and now as a food stylist work with it everyday.  As I learned more and more about food I learned the importance of eating quality/organic, in season, and local food.  But when it really hit me was when my son was born.  I realized then that I had a blank canvas to work with and teach and utterly helpless person counting on me for nutrition and survival.  This heightened my awareness of what I was eating as well as what the rest of my family was eating.  Understanding the connection between what you eat and how you feel is a driving force for making better choices about your food.  To continue that thought, the connection between buying locally has many positive effects on the cycle of it all.  Not only are you supporting the small, family businesses you are supporting good environmental practices.  Knowing where your food is coming from and who is growing it is a very satisfying and safe feeling.  Family, health, community, earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment